Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Life is a long lesson in humility" - James Matthew Barrie

I love Merikay's comment - Breathe Deep. Walk the dogs. Dream of the future!  I did that.  Went to my happy place, the planet of happy dogs, at the dog park.   We have the best dog park EVER here at Cherry Creek State park.  I hadn't been there in some time.  All the plants and trees are shutting down for the winter.  I'm sorry that I forgot my camera, no pictures :0(   Happy dogs make me smile and laugh.  For me, laughing fixes just about anything.  I also got to talk to some other people enjoying happy dogs.  It was a good time, I will go back soon and get you some pictures.   

The title of this post is a quote I found while I was looking for inspiration.  I am so excited (and scared) about moving on to try something new.  I find myself saying things that I regret.  My mouth has always gotten me into trouble, I thought it was improving as I got older.   I catch myself saying sentences that end "... but that was eleven years ago"  That statement is not helpful to anyone and makes me look like a fool.  I'm going in search of my humility.  Breathing deep and reminding myself that I am no longer in a senior role.  I am here to listen and be receptive.  My purpose is to study and learn and carefully progress.  No more teaching or advising for now :0)

3 comments:

Barb said...

We all have so much to learn, but we also have things we can teach or offer advice on. My problem is sometimes offering advice to people who haven't asked for it. That's a hard one to break!
Can't wait to see what your future holds! :)

Merikay said...

I've go another good quote - thought for you:

"You must have long range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short range failures." — Charles C. Noble

I've been saving it for the right place to share it.

Four Windows with a View said...

Thanks for the information on an earlier post about towing vehicles. I have a 1 yo Volvo XC90, front wheel drive, not all wheel drive, that I don't want to get rid of. Unfortunately, the info at the website you mentioned stopped at T/Toyoto and I needed it to go to V/Volvo. Good luck on your job search.

Jeana