Thursday, April 1, 2010

Progress and Boot Straps

I'm 10 pounds down and my credit card debt is 1/3 less than when I started.  YAY ME!!  It's a daily grind.  Part of my route to full-timing seems to be learning about delayed gratification.  I find it ironic that I have to perfect my ability to delay gratification in order to live a life on the fly.  Makes me smile. 

I've found my boot straps and picking them up.  I'm not pulling on them yet, but I'm working on it.  I spend too much time feeling sorry for myself.  I fight with my head regularly.  I tend toward melancholy and inaction more than I want to admit.  Once in a while, in order to overcome my brain, I have to get a regular schedule going.  I have to make lists of the basics and stick to it.  The same stuff everyone knows to do to be a well-rounded person.  Regular sleep schedule, Shower regularly, Drink 8 glasses of water, no fast food, 6 servings fruit/veggies per day, move 30 minutes per day.  Not very exciting, but harder to do than it sounds. 

This is a great time of year in Colorado.  Spring brings some unpredictable weather but it is also a time to get outside and take deep breaths.  I even heard some birds singing this morning :0) 

No comments: