Friday, March 26, 2010

What the Heck?

I was looking at my past posts and saw the one titled Funky Weather.  Says nothing about weather??  I didn't finish my story LOL.  So, for the rest of the story. 

The woman who bought my motorcycle has been saving and waiting for months.  Since last November I think.  She was initially going to get it in Jan but then something unexpected came up and she had to spend money on that.  Then, she was expecting some money that was delayed about 2 weeks.  She finally had the money and told me she was ready to pick it up.  I couldn't sell it that day because the battery was dead.  We made an appointment for her to pick it up on Tuesday morning.  Monday night, I threw the battery on the charger.  I didn't double check that it was actually charging, never had a problem before.  I go out to garage Tuesday morning to wipe down the bike and put the seat back on.  Battery is still dead.  ARGH!  So I had to hurry, call her, tell her it was a no go.   The disappointment in her voice was heart breaking.  I located and bought a new battery.  Luckily, it comes mostly charged.  I installed the new battery with little trouble.    By this time, she no longer had a ride to my house.  So, I got her address, programmed the GPS and went to go get her.  I had put in address on N. Monaco instead of S Monaco.  So, of course, I went to the wrong house.  I didn't have her phone number (forgot it at home) so I couldn't do anything but reprogram the GPS and head out again.  I finally find her house, and her.  By this time, I'm starting to think.  Maybe this is just not meant to happen today.  Should I take a clue?   She was SO excited to get the bike and I really wanted to get the sale over with.  Once she got to see the motorcycle.  I got her on it, gave her a little orientation to the whistles and bells, and it started right up.  She was a little overwhelmed with the size.  Evidentally she has ridden motorcyles before but they were crotch rockets and dirt bikes, not cruisers.  She was feeling uncomfortable in turns, taking them a little wide.  I offered for us to put the sale off, but she didn't want to.  I agreed to lead her out to the main road in my truck and follow her home if she needed it.  Once we got to the main road, she waved me off, telling me she was comfortable to go the rest of the way home.  I made a U-turn and headed back home.  Within 5 minutes of getting home, it starts HAILING!! Crazy Hard.  The prediction was for snow, starting tonight but no one said anything about hail.  I panic!  OMG we shouldn't have done this.  She's gonna wipe out on the bike!!  I know we shouldn't have done this today!!  I called her cell phone and left a message for her to call me....................   A LONG 15 minutes later, my phone rings.  Thank God!  She's home, safe, and THRILLED.  A little cold but none the worse for wear.  Says she now is comfortable turning and riding the bike LOL.  She's going to enjoy the heck out of that thing.  It has a good home.  My motorcycle now even has a name.  She is called Miss Scarlet :0) 
Bye Bye Miss Scarlet.  Have a nice life and stay upright for her. Will Ya?

1 comment:

Debbie Goode said...

Billy and I discussed the possibility of motorcycles for sight seeing and such with our full time lifestyle. In the end, we decided against it. We just decided our "old" bones were just a little to fragile to take the risk. LOL!