Sunday, February 28, 2010

Catching up on Sleep?

Was miserable at work yesterday.  I could not sleep at all the night before.  I think I may have gotten 2 hours total.  Part of the reason was trying to get my sleep schedule back on track after vacation.  Other reason was working up to yesterdays ramble.  I slept for over 10 hours last night and I'm feeling better this morning. 

I know I want peace, with a little excitement thrown in here and there.  I also want to feel safe.  Feeling safe.  That's a big order.  What does 'feel safe' look like?  It's safe physically, economically and emotionally.  Is it possible for someone that is not to keen on people?  Is it possible to feel safe economically and not have a reliable pay check?  Is it possible to feel safe all the time and still have excitement?  There is a quote I have leaned on during difficult times in my life.

FAITH
When you walk to the edge of all the light you have,
and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown,
you must believe that one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid for you to stand upon,
or,
you will be taught how to fly.
Patrick Overton, The Leaning Tree, 1975

I can research and save and plan all I want.  In the end, It will come down to faith.  Faith that I am doing the right thing for me.  Knowing that all the work and risk are worth it.  My safe feeling will come from faith.  Some days faith is stronger than others.  Will be interesting to see where I end up. 

In the mean time, it's back to work.  Gotta go earn that dog food money.  Hope all is peaceful out there in blogland. 

No comments: