Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Documetaries

I Love to watch documentaries and I have been in HOG HEAVEN.  I have seen everthing from a movie following contemporary philosophers with a hand held camera (Examined Life 2008) to a movie that examines the "who knew what, when" leading up to the attack on the Twin Towers (9/11: Press for Truth).  I wasn't thrilled with the philosophy movie.  Couldn't even finish it.  When the second philosopher started using 1000 point scrabble words, 3-4 per sentence, I just couldn't handle it.  The phrase 'pompous ASS' kept running through my head.  I'll have to try that one another day, maybe.  The 9/11 movie was interesting.  It started with a website, linking different news stories.  As people found the website, it got lots of attention, and was eventually turned into a book that lead to the documentary. 

I enjoy most all documentaries but I like the ones that explore normal people and how they work through their unusual experiences.  There is a documentary, I saw once, that I have been looking for.  It was about a homeless man that received a large amount of money, and the documentary followed him over 2 years to see what would happen.  I can't remember the name of it.     

I am not a political person.  My personal decision has been, to not get involved.  In my beliefs, that means I can't bitch about it.  I don't believe in people just bitching without offering solutions.  In the past, when I've started to get involved, I just become frustrated and angry.  When I start getting frustrated I stutter and bluster and basically loose my brain.  I don't argue well.  I'm one of those people that has to think before I can respond intelligently to anything.  Debating on my feet, about issues that matter to me, is not a skill I posess. 

I also like "behind the scenes" documentaries.  My recent 2 favorites have been Shut Up And Sing and Every Little Step

Shut Up and Sing:  Follows the Dixie Chicks through the craziness that occurred after the lead singer (Natalie Maines) said she was ashamed of President Bush, on stage, at a concert in London (2003).  Seems they forgot, or didn't realize, that people watched their every action/word.  I guess the packed concert venues and millions of dollars the had earned performing were not enough of a clue :0)  That was an expensive vowel she purchased. 

Every Little Step:  Shows the audition and casting process for a revival of, A Chorus Line, on Broadway.  The dancers are, as always, amazing. 

Beautiful day today.  I have all the windows open.  Life is not so rough :0)  Hope all is well out there is blogland.  Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: