Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blast from the Past

Wow I've been tearful (happy tears) and smiling most of the day :0)  I have several boxes of cassette tapes that still remain.  I've purged some each time I've moved and transferred some to computer a few years ago.  At the time, I thought I would hang on to the remainder until I was ready to buy the CD's or let them go.  Which brings me to today.  I don't want to spend money on new CD's (that I will have to pack in the RV or sell) and I just couldn't bring myself to part with some of them.  This project will take a while.  All the tapes have to be recorded in real time, then labeled and transferred to my music program.  No time like the present to get started. 

These tapes are music that meant a lot to me in high school and college.  Even had a few mix tapes that were made for me by friends (and an ex, EEK!).  I had a tape that I bought at the first Ren Festival I ever worked.  Good old fashioned folk music.  Anyone out there remember White Snake?  "Here I go Again" had been played so much the tape was distorted.  I'll have to break down and pay for that one song again (I think this outfit can afford 0.99 for a piece of the soundtrack to my life in the late 80's). 

It's amazing how many memories and emotions a song can bring up.  Lucky for me, it was ALL good.  A special day right here in my Sticks n Bricks :0)  Maybe a taste of what it will be like when I get to scanning all the pictures from 3 large picture albums I've been carrying with me since I left my parent's house. 

Hope you all had good days too.  Take care and be gentle with each other. 

No comments: